Tuesday 3 January, 2017
Applications Open for Goldsmiths' Fair 2017
Applications to exhibit at the 35th edition of Goldsmiths’ Fair open on 3 January and close at midnight on 24 February 2017.
Over two weeks in autumn 2017, Goldsmiths’ Fair will showcase new collections from the finest UK-based designer-makers. Last year, 150 exhibitors (115 jewellers and 35 silversmiths) took part and more than 9,000 people visited the event.
Applicants must conform to the following:
• Display only work (each piece) that includes precious metal(s)
• Represent themselves and not act as an agent for others
• Live and work in the UK
• Apply with work that has been designed and made in the UK. (If the applicant has used the specialist techniques of another tradesman e.g. a spinner/caster/engraver etc., these must be detailed on the application form)
• Preference will be given to ‘designer-makers’ who contribute hand-skills to the finished product however in some unique cases designers who do little or no ‘making’ will be accepted.
• Employ fewer than six people at the bench
• Must not be in full time education at the time of application
• Must be available to man their stand at all times during the Fair
• Intend to exhibit goods that are compliant with the UK Hallmarking Act 1973
• Be in agreement with all Terms & Conditions and Rules & Regulations (to be provided upon successful application)
Graduate Bursary Scheme
To encourage and support the next generation of jewellers and silversmiths, there are 10 free stands on offer each year at Goldsmiths’ Fair through the Graduate Bursary Scheme.
Winners of the bursary receive:
• a free stand at Goldsmiths’ Fair
• a £1,500 grant to help prepare towards the Fair
• an optional interest-free silver bullion loan of up to £3,000
• mentoring opportunities at the Goldsmiths’ Centre
To be eligible for the Graduate Bursary Scheme you must:
• meet all the Goldsmiths’ Fair eligibility requirements
• have graduated (from an HND/BA/MA or Goldsmiths’ Apprenticeship) in the last five years
• and have not exhibited at Goldsmiths’ Fair before
• there is no age requirement.
The Goldsmiths’ Fair Selection Committee will meet in March and applicants will be advised of the outcome thereafter.