Venue Hire


Positioned at the junction of Foster Lane and Gresham Street, north east of St. Paul's Cathedral, the magnificent Hall, opened in 1835, is one of London's hidden treasures.


The Hall is the third on this site, the Goldsmiths' Company being located here since 1339. Little is known of the first Hall but the second was erected in 1634-6 and restored after the Great Fire of 1666. It lasted for almost two centuries, but was eventually demolished in the late 1820s. The present Hall, by Philip Hardwick, remains much as he designed it, although there have been changes to the decorative schemes and the use of rooms.

The Hall narrowly escaped complete destruction when in 1941 a bomb exploded inside the south-west corner. Faithfully restored on the exterior after the War and internally modified, it retains much of the charm of an urban palazzo. A major refurbishment which was completed in 1990 has further adapted this great building for the 21st century.

Goldsmiths' Hall

The Livery Hall

This magnificently proportioned room with Corinthian columns of scagliola has a richly decorated moulded ceiling in gold leaf.

Read More

The Drawing Room

Redesigned in 1950, following war damage, this elegant room is one of the two key reception rooms within the Hall.

Read More

The Exhibition Room

This handsome room is panelled in English walnut, with large double doors containing panels of Australian walnut.

Read More

The Court Luncheon Room

An elegant plain oak-panelled room adjoining the Exhibition Room, for small luncheons or dinners.

Read More

The Court Room

This distinguished room contains eighteenth-century features transposed from the previous hall.

Read More

Virtual Tour

Take a 360 Tour of Goldsmiths' Hall, one of London's hidden treasures.

Take the Tour

Contact Us

All bookings for Goldsmiths' Hall require the approval of the Court of Wardens. To obtain the Terms and Conditions, specimen letters of application and costs for booking Goldsmiths' Hall apply to the Hallkeeper.

  • Share this page

Discover More

History of the Hall

Positioned at the junction of Foster Lane and Gresham Street, north east of St. Paul's Cathedral, the magnificent Hall, opened in 1835, is one of London's hidden treasures.

Virtual Tour

Take a 360 Tour of Goldsmiths' Hall.

Events

Latest events at Goldsmiths' Hall, the Goldsmiths' Centre and the Assay Office.