CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) – Goldsmiths’ Company: latest update
As in previous national lockdowns, throughout the pandemic, the Goldsmiths’ Company remains open for business. Our Return to the Workplace strategy, alongside guidance from the government and the Health and Safety Executive continue to provide the framework for how we remain operational while ensuring the wellbeing of staff.
• Goldsmiths’ Hall remains closed to visitors with only essential staff on site. All physical events remain under constant review, as government guidelines change. There will be virtual replacements for key activities where necessary.
• If you have booked the Hall for an event, our Hall Team are available to support you and to look at options.
• The Library at Goldsmiths’ Hall will also remain closed. However, we are keen to reopen to the public as soon as this is possible. For any enquiries related to the history of our craft and trade, please email the Library team here
• The Goldsmiths’ Company Assay Office is open for business, however service may be affected during this period of national lockdown. In order to keep customers and staff safe, the Assay Office is operating with fewer staff than usual and has adjusted its opening times. The standard service may also take longer than the five working day target. More information is available here.
Our website is the best place to find the most up-to-date information about what’s happening at the Goldsmiths’ Company. If you have a general query, please contact us here
You can also follow us on social media:
• Department of Health
• Public Health England
• Coronavirus (COVID-19): latest information and advice
• Common questions - NHS - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
• Health and Safety Executive